Almost all affiliate requires that you own a blog before you register for their program. Creating a blog for affiliate marketing is neither a piece of cake nor a hard thing to do.
You do not need any prior technical experiences; you need the perfect guide. The guides below should help in no time:
- Research your blog niche and target audience
- Creating a blog for affiliate marketing
- Choose a domain name and domain extension.
- Choosing the right hosting plan
- Structures and design
- Optimizing your website
- Quality Content
- Wrapping Up
Research your blog niche and target audience
Choosing your niche
To give yourself less stress, you should probably pick a topic that love most or that you know very well because what can keep you going in blogging is your passion and interest.
Blogging sometimes can be strenuous and discouraging, but what keeps you going is the love you have for it, and the more passion you inject into it, the more money you make.
And make sure it is a niche that will match what most affiliate marketing offers.
You can decide on niching down to a single topic or an interest. Or, depending on how good you are, you can focus on different topics at the same time.
It is also advisable that you research the niche you are choosing.
The research will help you know the competition in a niche. A niche might look nice and popular but might have a lot of competition.
And much competition will invariably mean a lower turnover.
Knowing your target audience
Now that you have chosen your niche, the next thing is to define who your audience is.
You cannot target everybody; there has to be a particular person you are targeting. And this can also be known through research.
Research on who your audience is, what do they like? What problem did they want to solve?
What content can be useful to them?
How can you be valuable to them? You need to ask yourself all these questions if you want to be relevant for a long time with your audience.
Your research can extend to doing it on social media, follow your affiliate program a determine who their customers are and what content would please them.
Creating a blog for affiliate marketing
Choose a platform for your blog.
There are a lot of blogging platforms to choose from, make sure you choose the one suitable for your niche and the affiliate program.
Some of the platforms are WordPress, Wix, and Joomla.
They are the Largest blogging platform and offers many features and a quick fix. It was initially and specially designed for blogging and had many different features that are useful when creating a blog from the beginning. Below are some benefits of WordPress:
- Adaptable design
- Integrated tools to help you manage your blog
- Search engine optimization friendly permanent links and themes that optimized for mobile interface
- There are many widgets available
Joomla is used to create sites, but there are also extensions for blogging. This platform is handy and has excellent versatility and a lot of use.
This website platform has features that make it easy for dragging and dropping. The interface is user friendly, and the hosting is free.
After knowing the platforms that you can use, the next best thing is finding the one that suits your need appropriately.
Choose a domain name and domain extension.
This is a stage where there is a need for you to consider carefully and do not rush things, as your domain name is the first impression users will have concerning your blog.
It must be easily Remembered while being very short and relevant to your niche topic.
When someone uses an easy-to-understand name then, it will be easier for users not to forget your website when people hear your website in talks.
This will also make your website easily sought through an audio search; users can decide to search for the name of your website through voice.
Choose a couple of domain names, then seek ideas from people around you or an expert to decide the do0omain name that will be best for you.
When you have selected a domain name, you will need to do the registration. On the website, you can search for domain names and see which ones are already in use or available.
Know that among the first actions to carry out to prepare the creation of your website is the choice of your domain name, requiring other things, like the search for the extension most suited.
So, what is a domain extension? It consists of at least three characters and is based on a classification by activity.
The most popular domain extension is .com. And we have the generic, geographical and special domain extension;
- Generic: Generic is divided into three, which are sponsored, non-sponsored, and restricted.
- Non-Sponsored: These domain extensions are open to the public, without any restrictions. Here are some of them: .com, .net, .org.
- Sponsored: Organizations manage these extensions and set up a charter of use for the community which they represent. The most popular are: .mil for the military, Edu for education and teaching, .gov for governments, .aero for the aeronautics sector, .museum for museums.
- Restricted: They are very similar to the other conventional types of an extension, but it is necessary to justify the choice of the extension at the time of registration to check if the activity is in conformity and that the criteria validate the eligibility—some examples of restricted domain extensions: .name, pro.
- Geographic: They are composed of two maximum characters; these extensions relate to the location of the country or territory and are represented by the abbreviations of each country. As an instance, .in for India, .uk for the United Kingdom. This choice is based on the location of your target audience and the location in which you want to publicize your activity. Some geographical domain extensions can only be acquired if you reside in that location presently while some can be gotten regardless of your location.
- Specific: The aim of this is to make your extension more versatile and flexible. They allow to have unique extensions and domain names, with possibilities of personalization and have an extensive brand.
So, what should you put in mind while choosing a domain extension? What are those criteria that need to be considered?
- The purpose of your website: Are you planning a blog or personal website for a school or NGO? Each of these sites corresponds to one of the extensions above. For example, for a personal blog, it makes more sense to choose the .me domain extension than the .edu domain extension. Choosing the wrong extension can attract your goals. Think carefully and make the right choice. But for your affiliate marketing purpose, .com and .net can be the best.
- Budget: A widespread extension of the market can cause the price of your domain name to increase. The .com domain name can worth more in price, and the .co or .net equivalent will cost less. It does not matter the one you are choosing the most important is getting your perfect choice at the best price.
- Optimization: Generate organic traffic by opting for the best combination of domain extension possible, compatible with your area of marketing and activity targeting. An extension that correlates with the location will help you in ranking higher on the search engine result page. Although this might not really have a big impact on your SEO, you have a bigger chance of ranking above other websites in the same area.
- Location: If your site is intended for the local market, its extension may not coincide with a website that wants to attract an international audience. Your choice should reflect your positioning, and most importantly, to help improve your SEO.
Choosing the right hosting plan
Another thing to choose is the hosting plan, choose according to your budget. If it is your first time, you can choose the lowest plan. Choosing the right host is very important and puts into your mind three things while you choose your website host; support, security, and speed. The price range of hosting services is extensive, ranging from a couple of dollars to thousands per month. What are the criteria to be considered while choosing your host?
- Your amount of traffic estimated: Hosting providers typically charge a fee based on storage capacity and bandwidth. Bandwidth is the measurement of the number of bytes provided in a given time period. If your expectation is on fewer people visiting your site, your bandwidth will below. However, if you suddenly rank higher on Google, or if your product is booming, you can expect an increase in bandwidth demand. The most important thing is being honest with yourself, do your calculations very well based on the niche you are about to enter. And depending on the number of your webpages, if you have few webpages, then you can choose the one with lower bandwidth.
- Server type: The most affordable hosting is the shared server; your website runs with other websites on the same server. Here, server resources, such as RAM, disk space, and processor, are shared by that server’s websites. Even though it is very affordable but If your website receives a lot of traffic, you should not opt for this hosting. And the second option is VPS. In VPS hosting, your website runs on the same server with other websites but will be isolated. You have the processing power, RAM, and dedicated disk space that other websites on this server cannot use. But if you do not want to use the two, you can consider going for the dedicated server. The dedicated server is a single server that is allocated to a single client. Dedicated servers provide full control and overall RAM, CPU power, storage space, and network bandwidth. This is mostly for an e-commerce site that has much traffic and needs to store a lot of data. But if you can afford the fee, you can go for a cloud server. The biggest advantage of the cloud server is that you can expand without problems. If you have to deal with such large traffic, then you can pay for this.
Structures and design
After the necessary steps have been followed, then you now have a website. The next thing to do is designing it to your taste or design it to match your niche.
Structuring and designing a blog are crucial to keeping it organized. Define the category you want or the widget to be added.
Include media files that you find useful to your target audience. While trying to select the colour, do not use the one that will be too flashy or use a font that will make your content difficult to read.
Every addition to your website should all aim at making your user has a pleasing experience while they surf your website.
There are a lot of themes available to beautify your websites. And you might also need to edit categories and pages.
Optimizing your website
Search engine optimization is part of the most vital things you must know to run an affiliate blog with success.
It will help you drive a lot of traffic and increase revenue through an affiliate. Optimization is both hard and simple, but with the right tool, it will be an easy ride for you. Tools for Search engine optimization are;
- Google trends: This is a tool that will help you know the potential keywords that has much interest and search. Best used with Keyword Planner. Although they are similar, it is still necessary to distinguish. Google trend indicates relative popularity; that is, the number of individual requests over the total number of searches in a particular location.
- Keyword planner: This is also a tool from google; the tool is designed to create lists of keywords for ads.
- Ahrefs: This helps you monitor the backlink; you can also use it to analyze backlinks and even check for the backlink of your competitors.
- Moz: This enables you to check to rank, the domain authority and page authority
- SEMrush: Provides you with an insight into the strategies your competitors use for their ads.
There are a lot of tools available for your optimization use. The internet is there for you to check them.
Earning from affiliate programs is an exchange of some things you have done. And one of them is dedicating your time to writing quality content that will attract your users and keep them coming back.
Now, you have understood how to start a blog for affiliate marketing. So what are you waiting for, start your blog today and start making money online?